You can use Application package PT_MCF_MAIL (PeopleTools 8.46 or higher only) to generate emails instead of using SendMail peoplecode function.
Go to the PeopleBooks to get the complete description.
Home > PeopleBooks > Enterprise PeopleTools 8.48 PeopleBook: PeopleCode API Reference > Mail Classes
Go to Mail Classed Example section to see How to use these classes. Following examples are provided.
- Creating Text Email
- Creating Email and Overriding SMTP Settings
- Creating HTML Email
- Creating Multi-Part Email With Both Text and HTML Parts
- Creating HTML Email with Images
- Creating Email with Attachments
- Creating Email Attachments Specifying a URL
- Creating Multiple Emails
- Authenticating Email While Sending
- Structured Code
- Can generate HTML Email
- Can override Default SMTP Parameters
- Better Error Handling
- Send emails return receipt request (email reception notification)
- Ability to set Message priority
- You might not be able to use GetHTMLText in Application Engine program run using process scheduler or in 2 tier mode, as this function does not support bind variables in 2 tier mode. PeopleBooks list the following constraints for this function.
Restrictions on Use
Use this function with the PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture. If run from a 2 tier environment, the parameter substitution does not take place.